Saturday, March 16, 2013

Scale Temptations

Note:  Not my scale or feet.  
I'm going to have to place my scale on a shelf unless it's weigh in day.  Whenever I walk into the bathroom (especially in the morning when I've first woken up) I have a tendency to want to step on the scale.  Sometimes I do.  Sometimes I don't.  The want is always there.

I don't want to be obsessed with the number of pounds that I weigh.  I don't want to start off every single day feeling like a failure or even feeling like a success due to the number the scale flashes at me.  The value I place on my life should not be contingent upon my weight.

This morning when I stepped on the scale, I felt very pleased when I saw 255.6 lbs.  A happy dance ensued and I found myself wondering what Thursday's number was going to end up being.  Yes, this is a great way to start out my day.  But what if I wasn't down 1.8 lbs?  What if I'd gained it?  Then my Saturday would have been started on a sour note.  I'm not saying that I should be ignoring my weight.  I do want to lose it for health reasons and yes vanity reasons as well.  Ultimately I want my confidence/self worth to be firmly in place and have the rest just be details.


   Here's what I want:

  1. To be happy.
  2. To love myself in every body shape I may have.
  3. To have real confidence.
  4. Balance between my mental and physical health.



The scale is going to have to be placed on a shelf.  Being mentally healthy is just as important as being physically healthy.

Love,
Krissy


No comments:

Post a Comment